A semi-structured halter top in summer orange, constructed from 10cm-wide strips of aso-oke fabric. This fully-lined top has detachable straps and can be worn as a halter top or as a sleeveless bodice top, which lends it a work-wear versatility that lets it be worn beneath a suit.
- exterior: 80% cotton; 20% metallic threads
- interior lining: 100% cotton
- contrast ribbing along top perimeter
- detachable halter straps in ribbing fabric
- hidden strap hooks tuck into top when it's being worn as a strapless top
- concealed side zipper
- extensive hand-finishing on interior (shown)
- fabric has a vintage, broken-in surface feel; though the top is new, the fabric had a former life
- US size 2 or 4; EU size 34 or 36
- free worldwide shipping
aso-oke is a fabric woven in the Yoruba region of south-western Nigeria and traditionally worn during ceremonies. The looms used to weave the fabric are typically 10cm wide, resulting in fabric strips that have to be sewn together to construct clothing. This top is shaped from fabric that used to form a headdress (gele) or extra wrapper (ipele).